Creamy Mushroom Soup
This version of creamy mushroom soup is cooked in just ten minutes, has very low fat content, and is as yummy as it can get. With rich creamy texture of mushrooms, sweetness of mushrooms and milk balanced by salt and hint of pepper.
- Servings: Around 500 ml
- Preparation Time: 15 mins
- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Recipe Credit: The recipe was taken from here to promote healthy eating. We are deeply grateful to the author for posting the same: You are helping us encourage a healthy heart 🙂.
- Approximate Nutrition Facts: Calories: 250, Proteins: 20.9-21..98 gm, Carbs: 25.7-25.8 gm, Fat : 5.4-5.5gm (Taking low fat milk with 5 gm/500 ml fat content), Fibers: 1.2 gm, Sugar: 27.01 gm,
- Micro nutrients from Mushrooms: B2: 0.3 mg, Niacin equivalent: 3.7 mg, Biotin: 8.9 mg, Folate: 18 mg, Vitamin D: 10-15 gm in sun exposed mushrooms, Vitamin A; 21% ( from milk), Copper: 342 mg; Selenium: 15.4 mg, Phosphorous: 110 mg, Potassium: 310 mg; Chromium:13.4 mg, Calcium 62% (from milk ).
- The values are not exact but approximate estimation, as taken from different source from internet. The nutritional value will change slightly with the type of mushrooms taken and type of low fat milk taken to make the soup.
- This is a Recipe from Jyotsna Pant’s Blog. Refer to the blog for complete recipe with Pictures, suggestions and tips.
- 200 gm, Button Mushrooms.
- 500 ml Milk ( This recipe has used low fat milk)
- 3-4 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt or to taste
- Wash mushrooms under flowing water.
- Chop Mushrooms to pieces.
- Divide the chopped Mushrooms to 2 parts. Pulse one part of chopped Mushrooms to fine paste.
- Keep aside for further use. No water is required to pulse mushrooms.
- Pulse the rest half of the mushrooms to a near coarse paste without adding water.
- Boil milk in a thick bottom pan and when the milk comes to boil bring the heat to low, add the paste of mushrooms and cook with continuous stirring.
- After cooking for a minute or so add the coarse paste of mushrooms and again cook on low heat with continuous stirring for just one minute. This is sufficient time for the coarsely pulsed mushroom pieces to cook.
- Shred basil leafs with hands and add to the milk mushroom mixture.
- Switch off the heat and add white pepper powder. In case white pepper powder is not available black pepper powder also can be used.
- Mix and add salt to taste and mix.
- Cover and let it stand for a minute or so for the flavor of pepper and basil to mingle with mushroom.
- Serve it piping hot. You can warm it up again before serving.