White Bean Salad
- Recipe Credit: The recipe was taken from here to promote healthy eating.We are deeply grateful to the author for posting the same: You are helping us encourage a healthy heart :).
- Servings Size: Makes 4 Servings.
- Recipe Nutrition Facts: Per serving: 215 calories, 8 g total fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 g carbohydrate, 13 g protein, 8 g dietary fiber, 127 mg sodium
- 2 oz. sugar snap peas
- 3 medium red radishes
- 1 can (15 oz.) no salt added navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large green onion, green and white parts, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped shallot
- 1 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh dill, plus 16 small sprigs for garnish
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, quartered lengthwise
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- In small pot of boiling water, cook sugar snap peas 1 minute.
- Immediately drain in colander.
- Run cold water over peas while tossing until cool.
- Cut peas into 1/2-inch pieces and place in medium mixing bowl.
- Slice radishes, stack slices and cut into quarters making wedges.
- Add radishes to mixing bowl.
- Add drained beans, green onion and shallot and toss to combine.
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and cayenne pepper.
- Mix to blend and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to bean mixture, using fork to toss gently until well combined.
- Add chopped dill and mix gently. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, as needed.
- To serve, spoon one-fourth of bean salad in center of 4 salad plates.
- Place 4 egg wedges around bean salad on each plate.
- Add 8 tomato halves and 4 dill springs to each plate and serve.