Whether spring has sprung or the air is still chilly, there really is nothing quite like a good soup! Learn how to prepare this quick and easy, protein-rich, flavorful recipe your kids will LOVE. 🥰
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground pepper, plus more for serving
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Step 1 Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, flipping once, until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 2 Add leeks, onion and celery to the pot. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally and scraping up any browned bits, until very tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add asparagus and spinach; cook until the asparagus is tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Step 3 Shred the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the soup. Stir in parsley and Parmesan. Serve the soup topped with more pepper and Parmesan, if desired.
Serving Size: 2 Cups Per Serving: 314 calories; protein 37.9g; carbohydrates 20.1g; dietary fiber 5.1g; sugars 5g; fat 11.5g; saturated fat 2.3g; cholesterol 59.9mg; vitamin a iu 5498.5IU; vitamin c 46.5mg; folate 221.2mcg; calcium 174.1mg; iron 5.4mg; magnesium 69.2mg; potassium 713.1mg; sodium 741.5mg.