Soups are healthy and nutritious easily digestible food, provide they are made from fresh ingredients. Ready Made soup mostly contain corn flour which add pure calorie without much nutrition value and the preservatives, flavoring agents are also not too good for health specially when the soup is meant for pregnant ladies or Anemic patient. This healthy soup is especially very good for those who have low hemoglobin.
- Servings: Around 400 to 500 ml
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Recipe Credit: The recipe was taken from here to promote healthy eating. We are deeply grateful to the author for posting the same: You are helping us encourage a healthy heart 🙂.
- Approximate Nutrition Facts: Cal 50, Potassium 1400 mg, Sugar 0%. Sodium 200 mg, Cholesterol 0 mg, All Fats 0 mg,
Protein 7.5 gm, Carb 10 gm, Dietary fibers 5 gm, Vitamin A 469%, Vitamin B6 0%, Vitamin B120%, Vitamin C116%, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 25%, Iron 41% Magnesium 0%.
- Apart from this carrot adds to Vitamin C, Calcium, Vitamin A and Micro nutrients and Moong dal add Protien and other micro nutrients.
- If cream is added then fat will be incorporated in the above said values. Ginger, clove, cinnamon and other spices add not only the flavor but aslo help in aleviating cold, cough, sore throat.
- This is a Recipe from Jyotsna Pant’s Blog. Refer to the blog for complete recipe with Pictures, suggestions and tips.
- 250 gm Spinach leafs (1 Small bunch Palak)
- 20-30 gm. Carrot (1 Small)
- 5 Tea spoon Moong dal(30 – 40 gm.)
- 2 Tea spoon Cream (Optional)
- 1 Lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 Inch piece of cinnamon
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1 Inch piece Ginger
- Remove the stalk from leaves of spinach.
- Discard the stalks and wash the leaves nicely with lots of water.
- Cut the spinach leaves and keep aside.
- Cut carrot to small pieces.
- Wash Moong dal nicely.
- Take a pressure cooker and put:
- Washed and cut leaves of spinach
- Pieces of carrot
- Moong dal
- Cinnamon stick
- 250 ml. water
- Close the lid and keep the cooker on high flame till pressure builds in the cooker.
- Lower the flame and cook for 2-3 min.
- Remove the cooker from heat and let it cool.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Put the cooled boiled ingredients in the blender and blend to a paste.
- Add water to make it of the consistency (thickness) you prefer and give it a nice boil.
- Take it out in a glass or bowl and add dash of pepper powder and few drops of lemon juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Add some cream and drink it piping hot.